Marc D. Brooks
New York, NY
I keep clients happy with timely delivery of products above quality expectations, realistic scope and capability definition, and attention to detail.
I keep engineers successful with accountability, steady advocacy, and frequent, honest communication.
Recent Work Experience
Lead Software Engineer MLB Advanced Media Dec 2015 - Present
- Deliver diverse, interactive, digital media products to Major League Baseball and its partners, including the thirty Major League clubs, other leagues and organizations, broadcasting networks, athletes and more.
- Provide guidance, instruction and support to seven direct reports with a wide range of engineering experience.
- Facilitate communication between interdisciplinary teams, to propel products from concept to realization and beyond.
Independent Product Development Contractor 1998 - Present
- Involve clients to write user stories, before engineering full-stack solutions for new or existing properties.
- Manage engineering and design subcontractors according to client requirements.
- Create product and element designs, original artwork and licensed edits.
- Install and maintain databases and content management systems, and provide end user instruction.
- Execute search engine optimization and social media marketing strategy.
Senior Producer, Partner Solutions MLB Advanced Media Apr 2012 - Dec 2015
- Built value of new and existing responsive web applications through design and development of user interaction and experience.
- Guaranteed products met partners' technical requirements through innovation, leadership and championing process improvement.
Marketing Producer MLB Advanced Media Sep 2010 - Apr 2012
- Responsible for fast-paced development of high-profile marketing initiatives through Major League Baseball's official websites and other new media properties.
- Managed feature and functionality development for online promotions, subscription products, ticketing initiatives, and sweepstakes.
- Engaged Club and League technical, marketing, ticketing and sponsorship staff to improve traffic, conversion and user experience.
Webmaster | Designer CBS Television Distribution Sep 2007 - Sep 2010
- Official Honoree for three Webby Awards categories: Television, Travel and Best Practices, recognized for visual design, interactivity, functionality and user experience of RachaelRayShow.com, the Emmy Award-winning series' official site.
- Scaled community exponentially by replacing technology stack, while reducing hosting and engineering costs by 25%.
- Maximized reliability and accountability by modernizing security, analytics, virtualization, database management and version control.
- Managed front and back end development projects with up to four engineers, defined scope, assigned responsibility and determined compensation.
- Designed and oversaw development of seasonal site-wide redesigns, a CRM tool to facilitate segment production, micro-sites and direct-marketing campaigns.
- Selected hosting, development and design vendors, and negotiated financial and technical terms of contracts and statements of work.
Consultant MK Technology Jan 2006 - Sep 2007
- Authored regular reports on the export controls regulatory environment, based on meetings with the National Council for International Trade Development and the US Department of Commerce's Regulations and Procedures Technical Advisory Committee.
- Implemented full redesign of all the company's and subsidiaries' web properties, focusing on e-commerce, user experience improvements, usability heuristics, SEO and SEM
- Responsible for creation of new sales conduits, a 350% rise in monthly page-views, and 30% bounce rate reduction, while reducing hosting costs by 75% and increasing productivity company-wide.
New York University Polytechnic School of Engineering New York, NY - 2011-2014
M.S. Technology Management
State University of New York at Binghamton Binghamton, NY - 2001-2005
B.A. Comparative Literature
Varsity Debate Team, Resident Assistant
University of Judaism Jerusalem, Israel - 2000-2001
History, Sociology and Hebrew Language Study Programs
High School English Instructor
Engineering & Management:
- Windows, macOS, *nix
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, After Effects), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Git, SVN, CVS, Sublime, Emacs
- Basic Spanish and Hebrew
- MDA (Red Star of David), Certified First-Response Medic, Haifa, Israel (Spring 2001)
- New York State Certified EMT-B, ID# 329050, Binghamton, NY (January 2005)
- Young Judaea Summer Programs, Aquatics Supervisor & Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Barryville, NY (Summer 2005)
Boy Scouts of America - Troop 25, Manchester, CT
- Eagle Scout
- Cooking, Skiing, Astronomy, Biking, Hiking, Camping, Saxophone, Guitar